Trending colors in 2017 are nostalgic, cold, bold and audacious as the same time. They colonize the dark and valorize the night.
Browse the trending colors for 2017 content
The following sources offer interesting hues and intent stories:
- Colormix 2017 Color Forecast, Sherwin-Williams (a painting manufacturer)
- These are the colors everyone will be talking about in 2017, Elle Décor
- Pantone color trends autumn/winter 2016/2017, a September 2015 prediction with a focus on fashion
- Sneak Peek at 2017 Color Trends, DiamondVogel, another painting manufacturer (update: check also their “color of the year“)
Create a palette for Nasqueron
For Nasqueron, I prepared a palette inspired from this story, with some input from other sources linked above. This is especially welcome as we need a small site to explain the community and launch it.
It’s among our most precious commodities: night. We’re craving a refuge from urban streetlights and glowing screens, space to turn our gaze inward and recharge the spirit. Mindful melancholy is fueling a new romanticism marked by medieval patterns, revived customs and bittersweet beauty. The Dutch masters knew the secret: dark hues set a dramatic stage for sensuous luster. This palette is rich with vineripe fruits, Nordic blues, moody neutrals and golden yellows.
This palette offers 5 colors:
- #44484D (cyberspace gray)
- #2B3441 (Anchors Aweigh blue)
- #5587A2 (Niagara blue — Pantone 17-4123)
- #F6D258 (Primrose yellow — Pantone 13-0755)
- #67947D (unidentified classy green from this photo)
This palette is currently under evaluation for the following prototypes:
- launch.nasqueron.org, an explanation about Nasqueron, our projects, our governance principles to launch the community
- layout for user pages in Agora, our MediaWiki installation
Where to find the palette?
Browse the palette on: